Friday, December 11, 2009

Revelation - Saint Lucia - CMEX

It occurs to me that my interest in spirituality is based on a deep desire to be fully present in my life, to perpetually find joy and grace in all of my experiences. This is what some call “bliss” or “enlightenment”. It is a delicious state of consciousness and being to which the mystic aspires.









Knowledge stored in ancient spiritual texts combined with the expansion of consciousness that occurs during meditation put our feet firmly on the path to this enlightenment. Time spent in solitude can bring us closer to the experience of being 'one' with creation.

I recently had the opportunity to spend a few days in Saint Lucia, West Indies at a Caribbean Media Exchange conference on “Sustainable Tourism”. Saint Lucia is a beautiful island with warm and friendly people. I was awe-struck, from the lush, ancient rain forest to the modern resorts architecturally designed to blend into the ecology. The representatives of the island whom I met had a passion for the land that showed in their commitment to sustainable farming and eco-tourism. The conference schedule left little time for reading my sacred books and I did not do my regular meditations. There were so many people interested in talking with me that I found it difficult to be in solitude even for a few moments.

It was on this exquisite and beautiful island that I had a revelation. Looking out at the clear, blue ocean with the mountains all around me and feeling the sun pouring over my skin, I realized that I need to incorporate this kind of activity into my life on a more regular basis.
I realized that every once in a while, I need to get my head out of the spiritual texts, open my eyes from meditation, come away from my solitude and truly experience the glorious creation of Almighty God.

Links:
1. St. Lucia Ministry of Tourism - http://www.stlucia.gov.lc/agencies/ministry_of_tourism_and_civil_aviation.htm
2. Caribbean Media Exchange - http://www.caribbeanmediaexchange.com/
3. Anse Chastanet, Jade Mountain - http://www.jademountain.com/
4. Coco Palm - coco-resorts.com
5. Hotel Chocolat - http://www.hotelchocolat.com/
6. Indigenous Environmental Network - http://www.ienearth.org
Pictures:
1. The Pitons, St. Lucia, West Indies
2. Anse Chastanet, Jade Mountain Resort, St. Lucia
3. "Inside" the Anse Chastanet, Jade Mountain Resort, St. Lucia

2 comments:

  1. Dear Akosua, I am so happy to hear of your experience in St. Lucia and I wish that I could have been there to see the beauty that you described; I definatley want to put St. Lucia on my list of places to explore. I understand and agree with your comment about meditation which connects us to our inner selves, and I have found on my spiritual walk that when I open my eyes to my surroundings that I feel more connected to God and feel like I am part of the universe. I believe that those of us who knew your beautiful sister were touched by her vision, poise and voice to bring us closer to His Devine word. I've also observed your gift of sublime sincerity for many years now and you too are a blessing in my life. I hope that you will continue to share your enlightenement with others so that we can all learn and grow and come closer to God's Glory. We are all part of the universe, let us continue to shine our love on others. Peace, Carol Lemon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comments Carol. Stay on the journey....

    ReplyDelete